Thursday, July 24, 2008

Day Twenty One



Title: the sleeping world glitters

Well, this poem got kicked out of my thesis in the final run-through. Again, it didn't thematically fit. Boo.

I wasn't thinking about the poem this line came from when I put this piece together. In fact, when I went to post this blog, I had to do a search through all my poems because I couldn't even remember which poem it went to. I had forgotten that the poem had to do with birds. Specifically, a small moment when I looked out my window at work and saw a flock of pigeons flying away. It was winter, it was cold. But those birds took little pieces of the sun in their wings and dazzled me.

***

the ones that stay

this flock they
flutter the December daylight
wings across a low-lying sun
thousands of them

flutter and flicker
the sleeping world glitters

I blink
and they are gone

No comments: